Over 91% of customers have visited a store, in part because of the digital marketing efforts you and other small businesses like yours apply.
Great! So you know marketing your business online is definitely worthwhile. But there are so many ways to market your business online, how can you know which methods work best for you?
In the fast-paced and ever-changing world of digital marketing, a huge number of small business owners have no idea if their digital marketing efforts are actually working. How can you find out?
Simple: they can be measured. Tracking the success of your digital marketing efforts for your business is easier than you think, especially with the help of a professional digital marketing agency like visionPath Marketing.
Why Is Tracking Success Important?
Digital marketing is more important now than ever. You need to know if your efforts have been worth your time and money, but you will also benefit by:
- Maximizing the return on your investment
- Discovering what works and what doesn’t to tweak your marketing strategy
- Using your digital marketing budget more efficiently
- Using the best channels most popular with your target audience
- Boosting sales by improving conversion rates
Success depends on whether you are achieving the KPIs set out in your marketing strategy. Whether it’s gaining more followers on social media, increasing website traffic, or increasing online conversions, every business has specific goals and should know if they are on track to achieving them.
Which Tracking Methods Are There?
There are hundreds of ways to track aspects of digital marketing. It can be a little confusing to understand which ones are the most beneficial to use.
67% of companies use organic traffic to measure their content success. However, there are many other metrics to measure success, such as:
- ROI shows you what you have earned from what you spent
- Brand awareness shows how people hear about your brand
- Business website traffic has many ways of showing who visits your website
- Traffic by source allows you to see where the traffic came from
- Whether the visitors are new or returning
- Visit duration measures how long they stay on your site
- Bounce rate shows when people visit your site but leave instantly
- Pageviews per session show how many pages a user looks at during their visit
- Average time spent viewing an online business page
- The conversion rate of how many website visitors became paying customers
- E-newsletter sign up conversion rate
- SEO and keyword performance
- Marketing originated customers to find out who came directly from your marketing efforts
- Customer Lifetime value to measure how much gross profit is generated by a customer
Plus many more. The possibilities really are endless! When looking to outsource your marketing, make sure you ask which tools they use to track success and how often they’re checking these numbers.
We Can Help You Track Digital Marketing Efforts
Running a business is stressful enough without having to worry about tracking the success of your digital marketing. To be able to focus on the parts of your business you love, while staying on track with your business KPIs, we recommend leaving it to the professionals.
At visionPath Marketing, we understand that your business is unique and needs a custom digital marketing strategy that marks out your specific goals. We can make it easy for you to see how your strategy is going with our user-friendly Metrics Dashboard.
Get your digital marketing right the first time and watch your business thrive by partnering with visionPath Marketing. Reach out today for a free consultation.