Effective marketing starts with effective branding. Branding, after all, is your identity; what you stand for. As brands scramble for presence in a crowded competitive world, Instagram branding should be included in your overall brand strategy.
Today, over 100 million users in the U.S. are on Instagram. It is a platform that has proven itself effective in connecting with, creating and developing relationships with customers. It is a powerful tool for large and small brands to grow a business.
Why is Branding Critical for Your Business?
Branding helps identify a business and its products or services and helps distinguish itself from others’. As brand-oriented author Seth Godin said, “A brand is the set of expectations, memories, stories, and relationships that taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another.” Instagram branding has become a key element in the total branding approach.
A brand creates a basis for advertising, packaging and merchandising and helps make a memorable impression. It is greatly beneficial because of the many impacts it has on a company. Branding helps get public recognition and defines how the brand becomes known to employees and customers.
- Branding increases the value of a business because it helps establish a position in the market.
- Branding helps create new customers. It is a sign of familiarity and lends itself to word of mouth.
- Branding invites employee pride and satisfaction.
- Branding helps create trust among vendors and customers.
Why is Instagram Beneficial to Your Business?
Instagram branding offers benefits to your business in the following ways:
- It can quickly summarize your products and your business passions in a quick and memorable way and can easily draw people right “into” your business.
- It encourages customer participation in the brand. They can share photos of themselves interacting with the brand and that helps grow your “circle” of involvement.
- It helps create a unique and compelling personality for your business.
- It contributes to trust.
- It puts your name into the conversation of Instagram users.
- It can be used to promote special events.
Tips for Including Instagram in Your Company’s Branding Strategy
Use these tips for Instagram branding to build your company’s brand:
- Carefully define your brand, your target audience and your competition before you start communicating the brand.
- Get broadly discovered by using many targeted and related hashtags.
- Engage quickly with users. Find them, like their photos and comment frequently.
- Stay consistent with your involvement.
- Create visuals that will define your brand and use them consistently.
- Be interesting and inviting.
- Measure and adapt. Use Instagram Insights to get management metrics.
- Get great copywriting.
Seek Professional Marketing Strategy Assistance
Contact VisionPATH Marketing for assistance with your strategy, digital marketing, and social media marketing. With more than 15 years of experience working with small businesses, we have developed powerful marketing strategies and the tools to help you succeed.